5.26.2008

Out with the NEW...In with the OLD

We got to see were we will be living. Very different then what we came from, but charming and interesting history behind the townhome we are renting. It is called Madison Barracks...it is a mixture of townhomes and apartments. Madison Barracks is in a village called Sacket Harbor that overlooks Lake Ontario...never thought I would live in a village and never thought I would live somewhere the school district is K-12 all under one roof. Madison Barracks has played a role in every war involving our nation since 1812. Some that have been among the grounds is Presidents Monroe, Grant, and Franklin Roosevelt. I thought that was pretty cool.

4 Love notes:

JaCee said...

very cool, sounds charming. sounds like the trip there was exciting :), you're a brave prego girl, but you do what you have to do i guess! hope everything goes well!

C & C said...

Your new home sounds very interesting (in a good way). It sounds pretty cute. You need to post some pictures!

Mandi said...

I went to school from grades 6 through 12 in one building! It SUCKED! You get some bad cabin fever!

I'm glad you guys are there and (hopefully?) enjoying it!

Rasmussens said...

I am so glad you guys made it safe and sound. It sounds like a cool place to live. Hope all is well and happy.