6.19.2008

Our Cute Little Village

On Father's Day I tortured Casey a little as we walked into the Village it literally takes maybe 10 minutes. After it was all done, he enjoyed the walk because he got to see some history.This is Sackets Harbor Battlefield. This is where the British invaded... ask Casey the rest of the story or you'll have to do some research, not my best subject!

The next pictures are of our Village Sackets Harbor...... this is the original Hotel...this is kitty corner to the picture above....our boat is out there somewhere, we just can't find it :) this is a just part of the village.... and of course you always have to find the ice cream shoppe! This is it..... the main attractions are all on one road....the libarary and the opera/comdey house are up the street. It is very cute and very different from Logan.


I usally take a back road into the village to get my mail and there are some houses I have to share with you just because I love them!This was built in 1818...this next house is across the street. It would be interesting to know if it was the old carriage house or boat house but it would be fun to live in....
Look at their view of the Harbor....it is so beautiful!
PS don't mind the whale next to Casey and Avyn... in the up right hand corner...this was taken in the battlefield...water is all around us. I think it is so pretty!
TO BE CONTINUED..... Madison Barracks, where we live and the NEW BIKE!!

5 Love notes:

JaCee said...

how fun to start fresh! that's why i love moving, you find things out about yourself and do things you wouldn't have otherwise. and you're in an adorable area...good luck getting settled!

Rasmussens said...

That looks amazing.  I bet you are loving it. Hope all is going well. Miss you guys.

C & C said...

How beautiful! What fun for a change of environment! I love all the pictures!

Cisneros Family said...

What a fun place to live. Are you liking it? By the way congrats on the pregnancy. Hope all is well.

... said...

Your Dad sent me the link for your blog, right after I told him I want to have little mexican babies. Hahaha. He loved it. You look so good. I am jealous of your village. Maybe I will invade it and visit.